2013 Blackboard Assessment
In the field of technology, routine assessment and evaluation of widely used software has become an industry standard. The UTHSC Information Technology Services and Educational Technology teams are adopting this best practice for many of the technology tools used by our campus. This February, we will conduct the first in a series of ongoing assessments of the university’s official learning management system (LMS), known to most as Blackboard.
The first phase of 2013 Blackboard Assessment will begin February 11 and continue until March 1. This campus feedback phase of the assessment will consist of two 5-10-minute online surveys, one targeting students and a separate version for faculty and staff. The surveys are designed to assess whether Blackboard continues to meet our campus’s teaching and learning needs.
2013 Survey Results
Having finished the first phase of the 2013 Blackboard Assessment, select faculty, staff, students, and administrators will assemble to analyze the results of the survey and possibly integrate the second phase of the assessment with our ongoing campus-wide curriculum mapping software search. As the search for software with integrated curriculum mapping functionality progresses, the role of Blackboard as our continuing learning management system will be discussed and explored at length.
Bb Assessment FAQs
- Is Blackboard going away this year?
- Why, no, it’s not. Blackboard is currently the campus-wide LMS for the foreseeable future.
- When will we change over from Blackboard to a new learning management system?
- At the present time, there are no plans in place to move away from Blackboard. UTHSC is conducting an assessment of Blackboard usage by the campus to determine if our learning management system needs continue to be met by the system or if additional investments are warranted.
- Who will see the survey answers I submit?
- At the conclusion of the assessment, de-identified, tabulated responses to the survey will be publicized to campus along with information about follow-up actions.
- How often will these surveys be administered?
- These surveys will be given every 4-6 years as a component of routine assessments of our current learning management system to ensure the software continues to meet the needs of our campus.
Blackboard support : Normal University business hours
Previous maintenance window : 06/11/2013 [05:30AM - 05:40AM]
Next maintenance window : 06/25/2013 [05:30AM - 06:30AM]