Blackboard is a browser-based application where you can work on and submit assignments and other coursework. Most problems in Blackboard arise from incompatibility issues with your browser or software on your computer. We strongly recommend the latest version of Mozilla Firefox for Windows or Mac because it is the most compatible with our current Blackboard systems.
Browser Compatibility Check
The first step to see if your computer is set up for Blackboard is to check your browser compatibility.
Additional Browser Compatibility Notes
- The following technologies are not supported:
- Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 7
- Firefox 1.x, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5
- Safari 2.0, 3.x (or any version on Windows)
- Mac OSX 10.4 "Tiger"
- Java 5
- Internet Explorer 8 and Internet Explorer 9 are tested in Standards Mode. Some known issues can be resolved by using Compatibility Mode (emulates IE7 behavior).
- Both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have moved to a rapid release cycle. Blackboard is supporting all newer stable versions of Chrome and Firefox.